In 1980, The CCUB Trust Fund Act established a corporate body called the Doukhobors of Canada C.C.U.B. Trust Fund Board, consisting of nine (9) members appointed by the minister (currently, this minister is the Minister of Parks, Culture and Sport for the Government of Saskatchewan). The Board is responsible to the Minister and is charged with administering the Act according to the provisions, duties and powers defined in The CCUB Trust Fund Act (S.S. 1979-80) and any subsequent amendments.
Appointees to the Board must include:
- 4 members nominated by recognized Doukhobor societies organized in Saskatchewan;
- 4 members nominated by recognized Doukhobor societies organized in British Columbia; and
- 1 member nominated by recognized Doukhobor societies organized in Alberta.
The Minister appoints the Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson, based on nominations from and approved by the Board. The current board consists of:
- Chair: Peter Perepolkin, BC
- Vice-Chair: Sharon Nazaroff, BC
- Secretary: Linda Osachoff, SK
- Treasurer: Walter Ostoforoff, SK
- Fred Samorodin, BC
- Mike Kanigan, BC
- Vacancy AB
- Andrew T. Kazakoff, SK
- June Bold, SK
The Act also established that the headquarters of the Board are to be located in the Village of Veregin in Saskatchewan.
The allocation of board appointees was based on the principle of a 45%-10%-45% distribution, reflecting the Doukhobor populations in Canada’s three Western provinces that were to benefit from the establishment of the Act.
This same allocation principle is applied in distribution of funding annually and overall:
- 45% to Doukhobor organizations in British Columbia
- 10% to Doukhobor organizations in Alberta
- 45% to Doukhobor organizations in Saskatchewan
As the Board is responsible to Saskatchewan’s Minister of Parks, Culture and Sport, it is required to report annually on its activities and finances to that Minister. The Board operates like a Crown Corporation and therefore its annual financial statements are public and subject to examination by Saskatchewan’s Provincial Auditor. See the most recent annual financial statement(s) below: