Overview & Purpose:
The Doukhobors of Canada CCUB Trust Fund Act (S.S. 1980) states in Section 16(1) that “The Board shall provide for the making of grants to recognized non-profit organizations which are dedicated to establishing and maintaining the heritage and culture of the Doukhobors of Canada.” In Section 16(2), the Act further says that “A grant may be made subject to any terms and conditions that the board considers reasonable.”
In late June 2021, the Board approved new Funding Policy Guidelines for the expanded funding program, made possible after the legislative change allowing access to the full Fund Principal. Please review the new guidelines below before applying, as there are changes from the old program.
- To be eligible, projects and initiatives must be designed to reflect and protect the special heritage and culture of Doukhobors in Canada and align with the four main themes of the C.C.U.B. Trust Fund Board Strategic Plan 2021:
1) Advancing Knowledge about Doukhobors;
2) Fostering Doukhobor Heritage and Culture;
3) Managing Financial Legacy Efficiently and Effectively;
4) Communicating with Key Audiences/Communities.
- A variety of projects is encouraged, including those that:
- support structural (or built) Doukhobor heritage;
- feature / promote / preserve Doukhobor cultural heritage activities or knowledge; and/or
- enhance learning about Doukhobor culture and heritage.
- While projects will normally take one year to complete, longer initiatives may be eligible, if required to achieve intended goals. All projects must be completed, with final reports submitted, by the end of May 2024.
Applicants must be recognized, established non-profit Doukhobor organizations in Saskatchewan, Alberta and/or British Columbia dedicated to sustaining and enhancing the Doukhobor heritage and culture. Individuals may apply, if they are associated with or partner with an eligible organization, as defined here, and if that organization is supportive of the initiative and is willing and able to assist with managing grant funds and reporting requirements; a letter outlining such support must accompany the grant application. A list of such organizations that the Board is aware of is available here for the convenience of potential applicants, with the caveat that the organizations’ willingness to partner has not been confirmed by the CCUB Trust Fund Board.
*** See 2021 Granting Policy above for full program information and eligibility criteria ***
How to Apply:
Applications for grant funding are made by completing and submitting the Grant Application Form above (download, print, complete and mail). All applications must be fully completed and signed as indicated to be considered for funding. Submit applications by mail to this address:
Doukhobors Of Canada, CCUB Trust Fund
Attention: Linda Osachoff
Verigin, SK S0A 4H0
CCUB Trust Fund Board Grant Allocations
Grants are funded from interest generated on the principal, as defined in The Act. Allocations are made according to the following long-standing formula: BC – 45%; AB – 10%; SK – 45%.
|1||Lower Mainland Doukhobor Benevolent Society||BC||$350||Choir and Father’s Day Project|
|2||Kootenay Doukhobor Historical Society||BC||$1,000||Planning Doukhobor Archive and Research Centre|
|3||Kelowna Doukhobor Group||BC||$350||Yearly Prayer Meeting Support|
|4||Union of Spiritual Communities of Christ||BC||$2,200||Verigin Memorial Park Summer Student|
|5||Southern Alberta Doukhobors||AB||$600||Monthly Maleniye Meetings|
|6||National Doukhobor Heritage Village||SK||$3,900||CCUB Elevator Restoration Project|
|1||Union of Spiritual Communities of Christ||BC||1,046.73||Verigin Memorial Park Summer Student|
|2||Lower Mainland Doukhobor Benevolent Society||BC||500.00||Support Victoria Choir to Attend Father’s Picnic / Social|
|3||Okanagan Doukhobors||BC||500.00||Hall Rental for Prayer Services|
|4||Southern Alberta Doukhobors||AB||227.43||Monthly Maleniye Costs|
|5||United Doukhobors of Alberta||AB||227.43||Maintain Historic Cowley-Lundbreck Cemetery and Home|
|6||National Doukhobor Heritage Village||SK||1,546.73||Replace Gazebo over Milling Stones and Small Grist Mill|
|7||Doukhobor Dugout House National Site of Canada||SK||500.00||New Metal Roof for Prayer Home on Site|